Important information for teachers
The project DREAM – Digital Reality and Educational Activities in Museums invites you to participate in the experimentation of the “Museater”.
Museo del Novecento of Mestre (IT), Black Powder Museum of Oeiras (PT), Maritime Museum of Rijeka (HR), and Postimuseo of Tampere (FI), together with their partners Stati Generali dell’Innovazione (IT), Mapa das Ideas (PT) and CTK (HR) have developed a new participatory model that will allow you to organize a museum visit for your students:
- like a theater play. You can be the guide-actress or you can also involve the children as actors.
- as an immersive augmented reality experience. You can set up an ad hoc digital scene for your play, creating new content or reusing content prepared by the museums and other schools in the DREAM network.
- as a personalized path of discovery with the collaboration of museum educators.
DREAM pursues its goal through three actions:
- defining a methodology that codifies in detail how to establish the practice of collaboration with the museum, from the stipulation of the initial agreement to the staging of the performance, passing through the stages of scripting, creation of the digital sets and their augmented reality display;
- develop a digital platform to support all the processes described in the methodology. The platform also includes a repository of cultural OERs, created by partner museums and made available to teachers to enrich their digital sets;
- define a blended training path for teachers, which, through use cases and exemplary scenarios, guides them step by step through all the phases up to the staging of their first museum performance.
The next phase of the project involves the implementation of a blended learning path (online and f2f) to train 45 teachers on the DREAM Methodology and accompany them up to the staging of their museum performance at the partner museum.
24 months (teacher commitment is 7/8 months), the project is free of charge
Important phases od DREAM
PHASE 1: TEACHER TRAINING
March to July 2022
- 24 hours in self-training using the tutorials on the “guide to the application of the Dream methodology and the use of “The Dream Museater” platform.
- 4 face-to-face peer learning meetings of 4 hours coordinated by tutors (16 hours total) can also be organized by videoconference to ensure maximum organizational flexibility.
- The teacher training is recognized by an accredited body.
PHASE 2: PROJECT WORK WITH SCHOOLS
March to October 2022
- Project work from March to June and then from September to October 2022. May vary from country to country.
- Each teacher produces his or her own original museum performance, sets it up in the museum with the help of the tutor (M9), and stages it with the students.
- Hours of classroom work: approximately 12 hours + 1 visit to M9 (to be done in spring 2022)
PHASE 3: COMPLETE DREAM PERFORMANCES
November to December 2022
- National events to inaugurate local museaters and award ceremony for best productions. Faculty and students involved with the project are welcome!
- International event in Tampere awarding of prizes for best DREAM performances and staging of a museatric performance in co-production between all partner museums, based on the best content created by teachers.
Read more and follow DREAM on these channels
If interested in participating or for more information, please use the contact form on the website.
M9 - Museum of the 20th Century (IT) - Coordinator
M9 belongs to a new generation of museums. For the very first time, a museum narrates the compelling history of the 20th century. A century that saw great and small changes: from evolutions in everyday life to momentous social, economic, environmental and cultural changes. State-of-the-art technologies and immersive displays help visitors learn about the past, understand the present and imagine the future.
Postal Museum (FI)
The task of the Postal Museum Foundation is to maintain and develop the Postal Museum as well as to preserve and display the cultural heritage of Finnish postal services and the forms of information and goods transport created on their basis. The Postal Museum Foundation is responsible for preservation, display and information services relating to the corporate history of Posti Group Corporation under a service agreement.
Maritime and History Museum of the Croatian Littoral (HR)
Maritime and History Museum of the Croatian Littoral has been one of the most important meeting-places of culture in the city of Rijeka for the last four decades. With its permanent display and many valuable exhibitions from its own holdings or of other Croatian museums it takes part in tracing the important events connected with the history and culture of Rijeka, Primorje-Gorski Kotar County and Croatia, and so it reveals small parts of the insufficiently known past.
The Gunpowder Museum (PT)
The Gunpowder Museum in the Gunpowder Factory of Barcarena is a project supported by the Oeiras City Council (Oeiras Valley).Installed in the the oldest and most emblematic building of the complex and the one where the first watermills for the manufacture of black powder were installed, with the purpose of preserving and disseminating the memory of the work. An example throughout its history, from the 15th to the 20th century, it has always demonstrated its capacity for innovation, evolution and adaptation until its deactivation in 1988.
An open-air museum, a museologic and cultural complex, with different services aimed to cultural, leisure and entertainment activities, which after the renovation became the shelter of this memory.
Centre of Technical Culture Rijeka (HR)
Centre of Technical Culture Rijeka is a nonprofit nongovernment organization registered since 1993 with the task of encouraging and promoting technical education, computer science, and culture in general. By organizing activities organization is working on raising the interest of children, youth, workers and other citizens in areas of scientific, technical and IT culture with application in business and everyday life. Mission of CTC Rijeka is to create stimulative environment for strengthening digital literacy and digital involvement of all citizens.
Mapa Das Ideias (PT)
Mapa das Ideias is a Portuguese private-owned company dedicated to the relationship between museums, audiences and communities, since 1999. Our expertise in museum and cultural communication has led to the creation and development of mediation tools and projects, working in different cultural and artistic settings.
Stati Generali dell'Innovazione (IT)
Is a not-for-profit association established in 2011 with the goal of facilitating a shared perspective for innovation policies in Italy. SGI is deeply committed – in synergy with other associations, civil society representatives, political movements, institutions, etc. – to contribute to the improvement of Italian (and European) Institutions and socio-cultural development of our Countries.